The civics research co-operative is interested in promoting and facilitating discussion around issues and concerns of interest to the local community. We welcome topic suggestions as well as invitations to work collaboratively on identifying or facilitating opportunities.
The following is a sample of ideas that have been offered to date:
- the health care system issues and effects
- the education system
- electricity deregulation is an issue of recurring concern. We held a local civic issues forum on this topic in March 2002, but it could be a worthy topic to revisit ...
- Kitchener revitalization is another topic of recurring interest
- The Public Interest is it the median response? or the majority response? or is it something quite different?
- public participation and governance. in the planning process.
- civil society
- ethics and action closing the gap between between espoused values/beliefs and the political/economic realities of daily life and professional practice
- the meaning of life a bit of a heavy topic, says Matt, but he thinks we'd find that much of today's crisis is greatly tied to it...
- information technology and the digital divide